Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Day

Nothing much to write about except that I am fully convinced that God has a really, really special house for us. Why? Because I've worked my butt off searching for a cheaper place to live for the past 6 weeks, and the results have been rather bleak. The couple of homes we liked that were actually in our price range rented immediately or I even had one lady say, "I'm sorry, this one would be too small for your family." ~like she can determine that. Do ya want to rent the place or not?!? I'll bet she lives next door and doesn't want kids around.
Today Jarrod and I took our list of 16 possibilities and headed to the North Valley. Most of what we saw was trash. Ok, the homes around them were cool, but who wants to live in a trashy home NEXT DOOR to coolness?
Anyway, I'm rambling. We have 4 weeks left. My heart could get all freaky that it's only 30+ days, but my spirit knows that my God is way bigger than "30+ days". We've laid out our needs and our "really, really wants" to God so many times that I'm sure He's going, "Ok, already, I hear ya!" If there is one thing I've been learning during this past year and a decade it's to "Keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking."

So, God, I'm baaaa-aack! Guess what I'm gonna ask you about again? :) I'm sure glad He never gets tired of me!

3 comments:

Becky said...

As you know, our Lord is faithful. And, I know He will reward your faith. Way to go with the positive, faith-filled outlook. I love the "my God is way bigger than 30+ days". Stay strong, stay faithful, and stay hopeful! Praying daily for you guys!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I'll pray for you!!

Mom Keena said...

Hope the house hunting is progressing. We are about to begin that process. We aren't in any time crunch, though, just looking for a place to settle into.

RE: 10-year-old-hormones. They really don't have any, you know. It's just 10-year-olds-period! David is the same way in the morning. The other day he was complaining about having to get up so early, and he said that's what made him in such a bad mood, I said "You don't have to be in a good mood, you just have to get up." So I keep reminding myself every morning that he might not be is a good mood, but at least he's up, and soon he'll be out the door!