Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Anna Mary...the rest of the story

I love that my Anna Mary is such a "Puss in Boots". A friend of mine in Siloam gave me that description of her after I told her about the "real" things that she does when it's just us...I've called Poison Control on her more than once! She's a scientist in the making; always inventing, experimenting, playing tricks on the boys (or her parents). One would never suspect this of her simply by looking at her beautiful, angelic face.
If you've ever seen Shrek...then you know what I mean by "Puss in Boots". The big eyes that capture anyone who looks at him are only a cover for the true adventurer he really is.

Well, this last week my sweet Anna Mary began a new adventure: The Road to the "Celestial City".
For the past week Jarrod has been reading "Pilgrim's Progress" to us before bed. The kids are loving it! If you've never read it, the story is about Pilgrim, and his journey to the Celestial City. Granted, we had to find a child's version because John Bunyan wrote it in the 1600's, so even the "modern version" that we first began to read from was waaayyy too hard to understand. Thanks to the public library, I was able to find a kid's version "The Dangerous Journey", and we love it!
So, after reading one night Anna was tucked into bed, and within a few minutes she was crying uncontrollably. I ran in there, and she couldn't tell me WHY she was crying or WHAT was wrong. Momma knew...God was opening up her little heart to show her how much she needed Him. So I called for Jarrod and we asked her if she knew for sure if Jesus lived inside of her, and if she knew if she was going to heaven, like Pilgrim. She said, and this for the first time ever, that she DIDN'T know. We've prayed for several years for her to see her need for Christ, and it was obvious to me that she finally did. So, she prayed with Jarrod and me, and she asked Jesus to save her and live in her and forgive her for her sins. It was beautiful!

Now to know that all three of our kiddos belong to the King is the most incredible feeling in the world! Jesus can come back to take us home now, as far as I'm concerned! That is something that I've asked Him to wait for. I wanted to KNOW that Anna belonged to Him first.

And, miracle of miracles, afterward Jacob offered to let her sleep in his bed and he on the floor so she wouldn't have to be alone. Wow.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

How great that all your little ones are now saved! What a great night for your family!

Becky said...

Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord! Great news!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

WOW!!! how wonderful and beautiful!!!

RoverHaus said...

Don't you just love hearing the Lord speak to your kids? That's really good news.