Monday, September 15, 2008

Everybody Loves the Fair

The Midway at night.
Saturday proved to be a "Great Day at the Fair"! We met my sister and her family there and had a great time.
My favorite part of going to the fair is PEOPLE WATCHING. I come from a long line of "people watchers". Don't try to deny that you get a kick out of it, too. I think God has a great sense of humor! I'm including several pics of what one will see at the New Mexico State Fair.

Hey...if he's going to fix his hair like this he's just asking for me to take his picture!

My sister freaked out when I took this picture. He wasn't looking, Donna! And, I kindly covered up the bad stuff.

Now, this was a common look at the Fair. Who knew that shorts and cowboy boots were the latest fashion?
Now, I mentioned on my Facebook status on Saturday that I couldn't wait to eat a Navajo Taco. Well, I actually got to eat one, and let me tell you, it was AWESOME!! Only mine was, of course, smothered in Green Chili.
The nine of us basically ate for 5 hours straight, because that's what you do at the fair, right? Everything from snow cones, to cotton candy and roasted corn, corn dogs and pizza, to BBQ sandwiches. Are you feeling a little woozy?

To top it off...I will not be ashamed to tell you... my sister and I shared a... DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE!!!

Oh....my...gosh!!!!!! It was unbelievable! The kids all thought it was gross, which made it all the better, because that means Donna and I didn't have to share it with anyone...well, Jarrod took a couple of bites. If that doesn't make you hungry, then perhaps you would opt for a...

deep fried Twinkie, or a deep fried Snickers?

One of my piano students had 2 rabbits entered at the Fair, so we all went to the animal barns to see them. Cute? Of course.

We let the kids choose one ride each, because it adds up fast, AND to be honest, I don't trust those rickety rides or the people who run them. They all chose the kids bungee jump. They had a blast!

Anna

Jacob


Caleb

Lindsey (the only one who could actually do back-flips!)

We left about 10:00, with sore feet and tired bodies.

Good times.

B - R - E - A - K - I - N - G N - E - W - S!

This just in!
One more picture that was not available at press time has been presented. I wanted to you to be sure to get the full "picture" of what our time at the fair was like. You're welcome! Here it is:

4 comments:

Becky said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I love the fair! It looks like you guys had a blast and ate until you had to unbutton your pants to be able to sit- LOL! We didn't make it to the fair this year- I don't know about you, but taking infants isn't so much fun. Maybe next year, we can get a sitter (again, taking 2 2yr olds wouldn't be so much fun either) and hit the county fairs and the state fair. yea, I can't wait!! Seriously, I LOVE fairs! I'm glad you guys went and had fun! Love ya!

Melissa Flaming said...

WhyIOughtta....
I can't believe Jarrod got that last pic of me!! I did not even have that pic!! There was a definite "war" going on between my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and me to get BAD pics of us eating. But I promised to be good on my blog.
Oooooo, Jarrod's in for it!

Mom Keena said...

I'm not sure which is more nauseating, the shorts & cowboy boots, or the deep fried twinkies!!! So fun, though! I love fairs, and all the junk food they have to offer, but I can honestly say I've never had deep fried cheesecake. I would definitely be up for one of those Navajo Tacos though. I've never seen anything like that! Yum!

Jenna Jean said...

People watching is the best and boy, all that food didn't look too bad either. I don't know about doing the bungee jumping after eating all that food though. It sounds like it could have been a quick way to evacuate all those sweet and salty treats! I guess that is why you left the jumping to the kids while you took the pictures!