Monday, June 30, 2008

Thoughts from the Laundry Room

This morning I hear the hum of the dryer, and it's calling me to work. Mondays are my "Aftermath Day". When Jarrod leaves for work, and the kids leave for school (which, by the way, I am LOVING year-round school), I usually sit down here at the computer and get myself psyched for a day of cleaning.
Last night we went to our church's once a month Sunday night "Encounter" worship service. It was our first time to go, and the kids were like, "Why are we going to church at night??" "How long is it going to be? Is it going to be boring?"
I wanted to say, "Yes, it's going to be the most boring, dreadful thing we've ever made you do. Hope you're miserable." JK. Instead, I tried to assure them that it's for families, and just a time to worship God, etc. They couldn't wrap their sweet little heads around it, so I just told them to wait and see.
This generation has virtually no concept of life as WE knew it, growing up in the 70s and 80s:
Sunday morning,
Sunday night,
Wednesday night.
That was our world, for most of us who grew up in church. It baffles me to put myself in their shoes, and wonder why they are asking such questions? But, such is life.

Well, afterward we asked them if they had a good time; afterall, it's a pretty rockin' church.

2 out of 3 said, "Yes". Not a bad percentage. I won't name names on the 3rd.

However, Caleb brought such joy to my heart when he said, "I loved it! I almost started to cry one time." WOW!! God is speaking to my 7 yr. old!
Lately, all three have been asking so many questions about Jesus, Satan, Heaven and Hell. As a mom, I just pray for wisdom at the right time. They are little sponges, and I don't want them to soak up ANY lies from the evil one. I want them to be soaking up the TRUTH.

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."


2 comments:

Mom Keena said...

I don't know about you, but Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday nights not only meant church when I was growing up, but it also meant pantyhose! Do our girls even know what pantyhose are?

Melissa Flaming said...

Pantyhose are those things that Anna asks for on Easter Sunday. Other than that, I believe I still have a couple of ratty pairs in my drawers somewhere. yuck!