Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Traveling the state of New Mexico

This past weekend started about a month of me traveling on the weekends installing new computer equipment for Motor Vehicle offices around the state of New Mexico. There is a team of 10-15 of us going all over the state. We travel on Friday, setup one office, then do another one or two on Saturday. We have Sunday off basically, but we have to stay in the area to be around for support on Monday when they roll out with the new equipment.

Here's where I have gone and am going.

May 2-5
526 mi – about 9 hours 58 mins of driving (actual miles were more like 700+ as there was a lot of extra driving in between)
Albuquerque to Santa Fe to Springer to Conchas Lake (housing at a friend's parents' lake house) to Logan to Tucumcari to Santa Rosa and back to Santa Fe.

May 9-12
577 mi – about 9 hours 58 mins of driving (again, probably going to be more miles than that)
Albuquerque to Santa Fe to Clayton to Roy to Wagon Mound to Raton and back to Santa Fe.
May 16-19
742 mi – about 14 hours 13 mins of driving
Albuquerque to Santa Fe back through Albuquerque to Eunice to Hobbs (only hotels around) to Jal back to Hobbs and then back to Santa Fe.

May 23-??
Total travel 1,474 mi – about 21 hours 41 mins
20th High school reunion in Newton, Kansas. Go Warriors!!


May 30-June 2
280 mi – about 5 hours 5 mins
Finally, I get some offices close to home. Santa Fe to Belen, NM to HOME (to spend the night) to Los Lunas back Home then on back to Santa Fe.

Well, I don't know if you've added it all up, but I have. After the first week of June I will have driven nearly 4000 miles. That's around 60 hours! Whew! I don't think I'll be wanting to go anywhere anytime soon after that!


How about you? Where are you going this summer? Anywhere?


I did forget to mention that fortunately I am traveling in a state vehicle, not my own. Whew! Last week I used an undercover vehicle from the Tax Fraud Investigators Division. Cool! No 1-800-How's my driving stickers or government license plates! :) This week I get another vehicle from them. It's a Crown Victoria! Woo hoo! Floating across the state in a boat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too much driving!!! Are you in a state vehicle or your own for all of that?