Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Top 5 Reasons I am Excited to Stay Home

Wow. I am once again a stay-at-home Mom. Let me tell ya, I am sooooooooo not a working woman. Never have been. This morning I got up and thought, "Hmmm, what kind of projects can I tackle today, since I don't even have to THINK about going in to Dillard's tonight?" The funny thing is, I only worked nights/weekends, but, because I am soooooo not a working woman, my entire day would be stressful because I always had "work" on my mind, and how I would accomplish anything before I left.

TOP 5 REASONS THAT I AM EXCITED TO STAY HOME:

1. Dinner with my family-I've had very few meals with them in the past 6 months.
2. Healthy dinners with my family.-When Mom is gone, hot dogs and pizza reign Supreme.
3. Walks with Jarrod-it's something we've tried to do on my "off" nights.
4. Organizing the kids' backpacks, shoes, lunches, jackets, etc. BEFORE the next morning!
5. Relaxing on the patio after our walks.

Ok, there are so many more things I could list, but I know that everyone has things to do (including ME), so I will just say, to anyone who has been praying for us the past year, or even today, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. God has more than sustained us.
And, Jarrod is quite good at folding clothes and making dinner now!! Snaps for Jarrod! Thanks, Sweetie. :)

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

did you quit your dillard's job? just curious. so happy for you if you did!!!

Bekah said...

Yay for being a stay at home mom again! I remember what it was like when I was taking night classes and Jason had to feed the kids dinner and get them to bed, it was all I thought about all day long, not to mention the home work I had to get done during the day!
Glad you are happy and that God has sustained you! He is always good, isn't He?!
Enjoy your night!

Trish said...

Yipee!! I'm with you. I don't want to ever HAVE to work again. Welcome to the un-working world...(outside the home, that is....) Now you'll be able to blog every day!!