Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good Reminders

My mom called this morning to tell me that she thought of me while listening to a sermon on TV. It was a "belated" Mother's Day message, and it reminded her of me because this lady was sending her last kid off to college, and was hit with the thought that, "Wow. I'll never have to wipe jelly off the wall again...I'll never have to pick up clothes for them off the floor again."
Yep, that's my life right now. I told her that I just wiped jelly off the counter yesterday. It was a great reminder to savor even "those" moments.
Last night my niece spent the night here with Anna. I let them have a pillow fight, make smoothies, etc. Of course, this was AFTER I was upstairs, because the stress of pillow fights is too much for my heart. I'm glad, now, that I let them do it. Those are the things childhood is made of.

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

okay, what if the jelly is usually from my husband....and the clothes on the floor.....

truthfully, even THAT is to be savored! I am so blessed to be married to him!

Aaron and Sara said...

I'm sooo glad you get to stay home!!! Finally...a little break from the stresses of the past few months!
You wrote about jelly? What about poop? Does the same principal apply with poop on things? We're still getting thru potty training with Simon.
Thanks for the comments about the pots! It made me laugh when I played it, cause I didn't realize I was freaking about it until later! Ha.

Melissa Flaming said...

Yes, Sara, it applies to poop. I have a child who thinks throwing poopy toilet paper in the trash can is every bit as good as throwing it in the toilet; even after repeated instruction to do the latter. sigh.