Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Life of a Sports Mom

How is it that we as parents get sooooo excited to watch our kids play a sport? I NEVER, and I mean, NEVER played on any kind of organized team growing up (ok, in 6th grade I tried the diving team at school because I just loved to swim, but that only lasted a couple of weeks.). Even if I had wanted to play a sport, I would've been the kid that the coach dreaded trying to find a place for on the field. Yes, I am totally a musician...NOT an athlete. Does two years of ballet count?

However, all three of my kids started playing Upward Basketball/Cheerleading in April. I have two boys who are so good at ANY sport they try! "Snaps for Jarrod" for giving them such good genes!! It's so neat to watch them. Jacob, our 10 year old, is now about 5'5" or 5'6" and I am starting to see him as a teenager, playing High School B-ball, football, etc. He's so cool to watch. He's just so darn good!! Caleb is only 6, but when he gets on the court, he turns into this serious athlete. He's always been our "mountain climber", afraid of nothing!Anna is becoming THE cutest cheerleader! It's been so good for her to get out of her little shell! She's actually yelling the cheers!!
I am truly the proud mom who sat at the courts last Saturday from 8:45am-1:00pm, watching all of my kids play ball/cheer...come to think of it, I believe I was the only one loudly cheering on my kids' teams. That's about as "sporty" as I get.

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I can totally relate! I am sooo not athletic...scared of it actually! BUT married into a totally amazingly athletic gene pool!
Love watching MY little guys beam with excitement as they play!!