Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's for breakfast?!?!

You know the feeling, moms, when you are sitting quietly sipping your coffee, and the thought hits you, "Oh my gosh, the kids are going to be up any minute! I'm almost out of milk, I have two slices of bread (plus the heels- who eats those?), not enough eggs to satisfy three hungry kids before school...WHAT WILL I FEED THEM??" My heart begins to race, my head spins, then the heavens open and I hear a choir of angels singing, "AHHHHHHHHHH". Then it hits me...OATMEAL!!!! That requires NO eggs, very little milk, and a ton of brown sugar (which I DO have!) I arise from my comfy spot on the couch, and once again realize, I can do this thing called "Being a good mom" after all!!

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Isn't it funny how we judge our selves as a good/bad mom so fast....lately one of mine only wants granola bars for breakfast! I figure it's close enough to oatmeal that it still counts as healthy! right?

Bekah said...

You are a good mom! When I had mornings like that I would quick get the kids up for school, ask them if they still had money in their lunch account and tell them that they get to eat breakfast at school today! Yeah, there's a good 'ole moms way of thinking! Ha-ha

tkoerner said...

3 KIDS????? WHAT ABOUT JARROD????? THAT IS 4 WELL MAYBE 5 KIDS.