Monday, January 21, 2008

State Holidays, Bunk Beds and Piano Recital

One of the great perks of working for the state is that you get a few extra paid holidays, so I enjoyed having another day off today. The kids were off of school too, so we spent the day just running around town together. It was a fun day.

Last week, I started working on some bunk beds for Anna's American Girl dolls, Josefina and Julie. Here's what's done so far. Now, I'm going to paint it a bright, deep red. I should've gotten it done on this long weekend, but somehow I didn't.

Anna loves it!

Well, the piano recital went well yesterday. We had an audience of 25 for the 12 students. The recital started at 3:57 and all 12 students had finished their 2 or 3 pieces and I looked at the clock and it was only 4:21! And that was with a brief introduction of each student in between! They were nervous and fast! But they all did great! Then we had a ton of refreshments for everyone. Here's a pic of Melissa's students and their beautiful teacher standing proudly behind them, er, physically beside them.
(HINT: She's the hottie in the leopard print)
Well, I gotta go back to work tomorrow, so I better close it down for tonight.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Looks like the Piano recital went over well! The picture brings back so many memories from when I was a kid taking piano lessons....too bad I have forgotten a lot of it. :-( Probably something Melissa does not like to hear!
Glad to see you guys are doing better and Jarrod has a good job again. I read your blog so much more often than I leave comments...does that make me a lurker?
Have good day!