Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Sunday...

Well, here we are again at the end, or beginning, of a new week. Soon everyone will be getting dressed and ready for church and hopefully this Sunday, there won't be any squabbles over who touched who, what anyone is wearing or anything! Riiiight!

Well, today is also Piano Recital day for Melissa's students. This afternoon 12-14 students and siblings, parents, grandparents and anyone else they invite will invade our home for about 2 hours. I've already been assigned to furniture moving and chair setup. But, I can handle it. We spent some time yesterday cleaning the living/dining room and I even got to clean out the filing cabinet. Yech! I didn't actually get done cleaning out old files, and creating some new one's we need, but I did get a bag full of trash, so I felt like I accomplished something at least.

We also finally printed out some long overdue pictures from this summer of the kids to hang on our wall. It looks pretty nice, I think.

Melissa had a rehearsal for all of the students for about an hour and a half yesterday afternoon, so the boys and I went over to the park and played a little baseball. Yes, it is hard to play baseball 2 vs 1, but we managed to have some fun for about 45 minutes. Then we were just too cold. It's so funny that now that football season is just about over for everyone (NFL winding down) Jacob and Caleb have switched to baseball. Since the rehearsal wasn't finished yet, we drove over to Wal-mart and bought a couple of baseballs. One soft "t-ball" type, and one hardball. We had been playing with a tennis ball. :)

We really haven't gotten settled in our new church yet. The kids have to some extent, but Melissa and I don't actually have the opportunity to meet anyone in just one hour a week. I know we need to get involved in a small group or some sort of ministry to meet people, but with Melissa's work schedule, it just hasn't worked out yet. Hopefully soon.

Well, it's that time now to go get ready. Have a great day!

No comments: