Friday, September 7, 2007

We survived our first week of school!!! The drive is much more intense than I thought. There are only four ways across the river (the Rio Grande), and all of them are packed between 7-8:30am!! Hopefully we can move a little closer to their school eventually. At least we have Radio Disney!
The first day, Jacob let us know that he was NOT happy with our decision to put him in this school. He does not handle change that well, and was REALLY missing his friends. But today he is loving his teacher, Mr. Bonzon, who is the same height as Jake (about 5'3"), and his making new friends.

Anna talked for 30 minutes straight on the way home!!!!! Jacob kept rolling his eyes, but she normally is so shy in public, that I told him to knock it off...she probably hadn't said A WORD all day, and was like a volcano. I had to laugh...she is sooooo much like me!

Caleb saw me when he walked out of the school and said, "It wasn't scary at all!!" He had been so nervous that morning, that I spent my drive home wondering if we had made the right decision, blah, blah,blah...

And Mommy?? Well, I got home, and found myself kind of wandering around the house asking myself what I should do! Then I sat on the couch and asked myself again...then I got on the computer and asked myself a third time! IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!! SILENCE, for the first time in MONTHS!!!

Ahhh, I love school.

No comments: