Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy 60th Dad/Grandad!










August 18th we celebrated Melissa's dad's birthday in Santa Fe! It was planned as a surprise party, but mom had to tell him the morning of because he was bound and determined to get a lot of work done in preparation for their move to Pojoaque...and he wasn't about to let mom do any running around on her own. So, she told him, "We're having a party for you today and that's all I'm going to say." Of course, he was happy with that. She did tell him one more thing. She said, "I'll tell you one person that is coming...Caleb!" Here are some pics from that special day!




Of course, there is always great food whenever Lou Brown (my mother-in-law) is involved. Thanks, Mom, Aunt Margie, Aunt Mary, Donna and Melissa!! Awesome feast!


Dad, how many times did you go through that line? I'm not tellin' how many times I went through. Good stuff!




The theme was classic cars with 50's music playing in the background. The kids danced on the hardwood floor...ok, so did some of the adults. What a great time!




The grandkids (minus Emily & Cameron who are in Florida)


Well, dad couldn't have any type of gathering without preaching so...Just kidding! Mom and Dad are such a blessing and I am very blessed to have them as my in-laws. The flip side is they are very blessed as well. Dad received many gifts from his friends and church people and genuinely felt loved and accepted. Dad, thank you for being such a great inspiration and blessing to so many people...especially me and my family. We love you!

No comments: