Thursday, August 28, 2008

They're all signed up!

Yesterday was "Meet the Teacher" day at school. Jarrod and I took our three little munchkins and got them all signed up and ready for another year of school.
The funny thing is that the school is so small they don't actually need to MEET the teacher, just find the room they will go to come September 2nd.
Jacob and Anna Mary will be IN THE SAME CLASS this year! They are in a multi-age classroom (4th and 5th grades). I am really excited, the more I've learned about the benefits of two grades together. I'd be glad to share my findings on this, if you ask; otherwise, I won't bore you with the details here.
Caleb is going into 2nd grade, and has a new teacher, who is coming from a local Christian Academy, so I'm thrilled with that news!! She will teach them music every day!!!! As a music teacher myself, this thrills my soul, and makes me want to break out in song! Again, I will only do this if you ask. :)
I spent this week sorting through school uniforms to see what fits, what doesn't, and making sure each of my little munchkins have khaki pants that actually reach their feet, and burgandy polos that cover their tummies. CHECK!! We're all set!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Ahhh, the school uniform check....we had to do that this year too. Every single pair of shorts the boys tried on they had out grown. Luckily their shirts still worked but we had to buy all new bottoms. Ugh!
Hope you kids have a great new school year and that you guys have a great end of summer weekend!

Anonymous said...

Please be sure to record yourself when you burst into song and then post it for us - or we might miss out on the moment!

RoverHaus said...

Yesssireee, life goes pretty fast, doesn't it?

I second the suggestion for you recording yourself!

Morgen said...

Morgen's teacher is musical and sings with them too. Plus her husband is the music teacher. It's great! It's a great way to learn!

Mom Keena said...

Is this a public school? With uniforms? I wish the rest of the world would catch on to that. I actually remember it being debated in Siloam a few years back. Obviously, it didn't go through. Somehow life seems like it would be easier with uniforms.