Sunday, November 4, 2007

What am I doing at 3:30am??

It happens every time I am under a lot of stress....4:00am rolls around and you will find me getting out of bed, unable to sleep. I don't feel bad, or exhausted. In fact, I feel rather rested. It's just that stress has a way of eating up my sleep-time.

Today is different! I woke up at 3:00am!! What?!? Oh yeah...the time change! Thanks a lot, Mr. Clock. I tried taking a Tylenol PM last night. All it did was make me dream about snakes and shrieking eels (ok, maybe it's because we all watched "Princess Bride" last night). But, I decided to check my email, etc. until I get nice and sleepy. I will then crawl back into bed, hopefully until, um, 6am.

Today is my last day at Kohls. It's been a good place to work, and I will miss the people that I've been able to work with. God has given me several opportunities to live out my beliefs and even talk about my faith openly. I'm sorry that it doesn't pay enough to keep me there. When I gave my two weeks' notice, the admin. said, "Would you stay on if we moved you to the floor and gave you more hours?" Awfully sweet of her, but in my head I was saying, "More Hours?? Sure Lady...I'd LOVE to live here, and not see my family even more than I do!"

I'll start working at Dillards on Tuesday. No rest for the weary! At least I have Monday all to myself (and kids, don't even THINK about getting sick on Monday!!). What would I do if I had all the money in the world on that day? A complete "Spa Day", complete with haircut, manicure, pedicure, and massage!! Ahhh. I should take another Tylenol PM and go dream about that!

We are moving into our new house this Friday. Packing this time around has sure brought back a lot of memories of our move from Siloam Springs two years ago! The great thing this time around is that we have this ridiculously huge THREE CAR GARAGE (a typical size for ABQ), so as we pack we move the boxes into the garage, thus leaving us with the feeling that we are still in control of the chaos! Right. Just an observation: one would think that with a three car garage, one could park both vehicles in one's garage and STILL have room for one's bikes, woodworking tools, etc. Well, ONE IS WRONG. Our discovery: "Junk expands to the space allotted." I caught myself telling my mom the other day, "Well, our new house only has a two-car garage..." I heard her start laughing, then I realized how dumb that comment was. Boy, do we get spoiled!!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I think this lack of sleep thing just happens to us as we get older. Of course maybe you and I are just both under a lot of stress! Have fun packing and moving! This weekend I have to take 4 kids clothes shopping for fall clothes....believe me when I say, I would rather be packing/moving than taking 4 kids clothes shopping by myself!

Suzanne said...

Junk expands to the space alloted! So true. When we moved into this house it was 3 times bigger than our previous one. Now...there is clutter every where because there is no more room! I've got to do some shedding today.