Monday, November 26, 2007

God is good...even when it rains!

I keep reminding myself of this truth. Today my husband walked in the door at 9:30am...after just leaving for work at 7:15am. You see, we've been walking a hard road for two months now. After having to quit his job, the only decent work he's been able to find so far is with a computer temp. agency. He's been there for about 4 weeks. One of the potholes in this "hard road" is that with temp. work, you never really know IF you'll have work the next day...or THAT day...or that week. I think he worked a 40 hour week the first week. Today he went in and they said, We do not have work for you." ie: no pay. To all of you men out there, isn't that like one of the hardest things to hear??

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is FOR US. Yet, in every day reality, when you run out of milk, or gas, or money to pay an overdue bill...well, that's when I repeat above said statement: "GOD IS GOOD...GOD IS GOOD!!"
We've not gone without a meal. We have a little gas in the cars. Our kids are healthy. I have a husband who prays with me and for me.

PHILLIPIANS 4:12
12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Ok, maybe I needed to write this and then READ this for myself. It's all about perspective. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

What faith! Hang in there! God IS good!
I am going to go have a prayer time for you right now!

Aaron and Sara said...

You bless me with your willingness to keep saying that God is good even though you are in the midst of great stress. I'm sorry, so sorry, you guys are having this difficulty right now. Praying for you!! You'll all get thru this and God will be glorified!

Bekah said...

So glad to have your blog to read and know how to pray for you!